Waiting on Wednesday (2)

Wednesday, February 4, 2009


I just have to get my lust for this book out of my system.

It's been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents' divorce - or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live. A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she's been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend.

Ah, now I don’t know whether you all know, but I’m pretty big fan of Sarah Dessen. (Does the title of the blog give it away? XD ). As you would expect, I am very excited about this novel. It seems like ages ago I read about the announcement of this novel and the days have been slowly ticking away to its release and are still trudging along and to be honest, it’s quite agonizing.


Allie.

1 Listener(s):

prophecygirl said...

I agree that it's agonizing, June just feels so far away!

Post a Comment