In My Mailbox (4)

Sunday, March 8, 2009


In my Mailbox was created by The Story Siren.

Nothing came in the mail for me this week. So, to make myself feel a little bit better I bought myself:
Evernight by Claudia Gray.

Bianca wants to escape.

She's been uprooted from her small hometown and enrolled at Evernight Academy, an eerie Gothic boarding school where the students are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.

Then she meets Lucas. He's not the "Evernight type" either, and he likes it that way. Lucas ignores the rules, stands up to the snobs, and warns Bianca to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him.

"I couldn't stand it if they took it out on you," he tells Bianca, "and eventually they would."

But the connection between Bianca and Lucas can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.


I've been seeing, hearing, reading a fair bit about this book and couldn't resist when I came across it Thursday. I love the cover of this one as well.

What did you get this week?

14 Listener(s):

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I need to read this one as well, esp. since the sequel is due out so soon. Ah, i'm so behind on books.

-lauren

Thao said...

The book sounds good. I like the cover too.

Alix said...

I got this too! So far I'm loving it!

Carrie said...

This is sitting in my TBR pile. I need to get to it.

the story siren said...

Evernight is a great book! I hope you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting... going to add it to my wishlist. :)

cat said...

Um.. my comment is pretty much the exact same as the one above me. Haha!

Very nice cover, eye catching!

Nancy said...

Evernight is a great book. Adventure and romance set in a vampire school, what more could you ask for :) I hope you enjoy it!

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

I love that cover! I hadn't heard of this one before, but I'm adding it to my pile of books I want to read (that keeps getting higher and higher, lol).

--Amber

prophecygirl said...

I love this book, hope you enjoy it :)

Erika Powell said...

Evernight seems like the perfect way to cheer yourself up!

Reverie said...

oh yay! evernight's awesoem you'll love it. Sarah's got the same books too!

LisaMay said...

Penguin should hurry up and send you the Tohby Riddle book!

Carolina said...

Evernight is really good though it starts off slow but it does pick up!

Post a Comment